Youth Sport Parents are asked to help the children enjoy the Youth Sports Programs by; being a respectful fan, providing transportation, and supporting the coaches & officials working with the children to provide a positive experience for all.
Remember that the game is for the children NOT the adults!
2020 Parent Handbook
|WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE SURE MY CHILD IS A GOOD TEAM PLAYER?
- Encourage good sportsmanship from fellow players, coaches & spectators/parents at every game and practice.
- Make sure they attend every practice & game that is reasonably possible and notify their coach if they cannot.
- Make sure they do their very best to listen & learn from their coaches. Don’t be afraid to speak to them if they are acting out during a practice or game.
- Treat their coaches with respect regardless of race, gender, creed or abilities and the players should expect to be treated likewise.
- Make sure they have fun during their sports experience and alert parents or coaches if it stops being fun!
- Get involved with their team in some capacity because it’s important to them to see you excited about the sport too!
- Help them do their very best in school & remember that sports are an opportunity to learn and have fun.