Who is protected?
Depending on various State and Federal Laws, certain classes are protected against discrimination. Areas of protection include:
- Age (employment only)
- Race or Color
- Creed or Religion
- National Origin
- Sex or Gender
- Marital Status and Familial Status
- Physical or Mental Impairment
- Ex-arrestees or Ex-misdemeanor Offenders (employment only)
- Sexual Orientation
What activities are protected?
- Activities Protected by New York State Human Rights Law:
- Public Accommodation
- Membership in Volunteer Fire Companies
If you believe that you have been discriminated against within the County of Clinton you may file a complaint with the Clinton County Human Rights Commission.