Adult Protective Services assist those persons 18 years of age or older who because of mental or physical impairments, can not provide for their basic needs for food, clothing, shelter or medical care, or protect themselves from neglect or hazardous situations, and who have no one willing and able to help in a responsible manner.
These services include:
- Assess potential adult abuse or neglect and identify needs
- Arrange for appropriate community services
- Casework counseling and case management
- Homemaker / personal care services
- Money management
- Legal interventions
- Assistance in obtaining entitlements and other general benefits and services
- Financial exploitation taskforce (education, training and service coordination
There is no income limit to receive these services.