Skip to main content
Go to top of page
- Presides over the sentencing hearing and sentences the offender in accordance with the jury’s verdict.
- Prosecuting Attorney:
- Represents the interest of the community. Investigates the circumstances of the offense, presents evidence, and makes a recommendation for sentencing.
- Defense Attorney:
- Represents the interests of the offender. Investigates circumstances of the offense, presents any mitigating factors and makes a recommendation for sentencing.
- Maintains accurate records of court proceedings and administers oaths.
- Victim Advocate:
- Supports the victim during the hearing and ensures that the victim’s views are presented in court.
- Jury Foreperson:
- Leads deliberation of the jury, ensures participation of all jurors, and announces the jury’s verdict to the court.
- Listen to evidence, deliberate, and hand down a fair sentence.