Albert H. Rascoe, P.E.
Deputy Highway Superintendent
Karl T. Weiss P.E.
Engineering Support Staff
David Langlois 565-4045 Dave.Langlois@clintoncountygov.com
William Sweet 565-4047 Jim.Sweet@clintoncountygov.com
Alan Miller 565-4049 Alan.Miller@clintoncountygov.com
||CLINTON COUNTY HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT
736 Route 3,
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Phone: (518) 565-4040
Fax: (518) 563-8068
Lisa Garrand 565-4041 Lisa.Garrand@clintoncountygov.com
Katie Jubert 565-4042 Katie.Jubert@clintoncountygov.com
Sheri Pavone 565-4043 Sheri.Pavone@clintoncountygov.com
Lori Evangelisto 565-4044 Lori.Evangelisto@clintoncountygov.com
Part and Inventory
Jodie Bushey - 565-4051 Jodie.Bushey@clintoncountygov.com
WINTER DRIVING TIPS
As most of us who live in Clinton County know, driving during snow and ice storms is much different than driving on a clear day and on dry pavement. The following are a few tips and reminders for driving during the winter:
- Prepare a winter driving kit for your car. Include a snowbrush, a flashlight and a warm blanket.
- Fill your gas tank frequently.
- Before driving off, clean all snow and ice from the entire vehicle, including the top.
- Adjust your driving speeds according to the weather and the road conditions.
- Leave plenty of stopping space between your car and the one ahead.
- Always remain alert and aware of what other cars on the road are doing.
- Remember that 4-wheel drive does not mean 4-wheel stop. A 4-wheel drive vehicle will not stop any better in icy conditions.
- In addition to these winter driving tips, the department reminds all motorists to respect winter weather, conduct a pre-trip inspection of your vehicle, leave extra space between your automobile and others on the road, and never drink and drive. Of course, always buckle up!